Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Woe is I

I’m going to cry. Well, maybe I’m not going to cry, but I feel like I’m going to cry. I’m having one of those spells where it feels like the world is coming to an end, but it’s not…really.

Oldest Son told me last night that he was considering moving out to the west coast to live with Youngest Son. This should have made me happy, that my two boys would be together. But, noooooo, what did I do? I’ll tell you what I did: I had a meltdown. You know, one of those shrill voice meltdowns. One of those, I’m driving to the store right now for pipe tobacco even though I haven’t smoked for three months meltdowns. I felt as though I was being abandoned. Gawd knows why. Oldest Son lives 1100 miles away from me. It’s not like I’m going to see him any less. Besides, he calls me like clockwork.

Then I had an interview this afternoon for a job I really, REALLY want and I totally blew the interview. Actually, the secretary that scheduled the interview told me I was interviewing for the job I really want. I though I was interviewing for the job I really want. I prepared to interview for the job I really want. But, in reality, I interviewed for another job I had applied for. It was surreal. They were asking all kinds of questions that didn’t make sense and in an attempt to tie them into the job I thought I was applying for all of my answers must have sounded like non sequiturs. About half way into the interview I figured out what was going on, but it was too late to implement damage control. The looks on the faces of the interview panel were clear, “her credentials look great, but she needs a flower pot because she’s a blooming idiot.” All I can say is I’m glad it’s over.

And my cell phone died.

And I got a parking ticket.

Thank gawd for knitting. And vanilla rum.

No comments: