Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Unified Sock Theory

I am going to strive to come up with the Perfect Sock Pattern.*

With two pairs of socks completed, what have I learned?

Hypotheses to test:

  1. A turned heel that won’t drive me crazy exists or can be developed for contrast color heels so I won't have to be sad about pattern distortion.
  2. A method to make a rounder toe exists or can be developed so I won't have to listen to the GC say that my socks have "elf toes."
  3. A cast-off method that makes me as happy as Magic Cast-on exists or can be developed so I won't have to look at perfect socks with less than perfect cast-offs.
  4. Knitting two socks at once will be a more satisfying experience so I won't have second sock syndrome.

*Perfect for me, of course. Your results may vary.

No comments: