Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hypotheses 2-3-4 Socks

With this pair I’m testing hypotheses 2, 3, and 4 to determine if they can be included in the Unified Sock Theory, hence the name. I will also be adding eye of partridge stitch to the heel flap, just to see how it turns out.

Hardware: 2 – U.S. 1 ½ (2mm) Knit Picks Options 24” Nickel Plated Fixed Circular Needles

Software: 1 – 50gm ball Knit Picks Essential in Lily Pad Multi

Code Snippets:

Judy Becker’s Magic Cast-on

Wendy Johnson’s Fingering Weight Toe-up Socks with Gusset Heel

Eye of Partridge stitch (instructions and chart by Persnickety Knitter)

Invisible Cast-off for Single Rib (excellent tutorial by crankygrrrrrl)

After I finished IGS2 on Wednesday, I started fooling around with a rounder toe for the socks. I came up with one that looks rather nice lying on the kitchen island, but leaves something to be desired on the foot. I decided to try the “elf toe” with sixteen stitches instead of twelve and see what happens.

Thursday evening I cast on two socks at once, from the same skein no less. Not a big deal, one just needs to remember to uncross the yarn every other turn.

Friday night I moonlighted again: no knitting. :( I’m also moonlighting this afternoon and evening. :(:(

I’m using another Knit Picks Essential sock yarn and again the colors are lovely. The texture is very soft. I’m looking forward to seeing the pattern develop.

DSCF0846

No comments: