Friday, November 30, 2007

TGIF

If this week had persisted for a single day longer, I don’t think I would've survived it. I’m still not quite over my supervisor reducing me to tears yesterday. Needless to say, I didn’t get much done this week.

I've completed most of the second Instant Gratification Sock. All I have left is the toe and the heel. I may even finish it tonight.

After schlepping the 6 lb. box of Twizé hither and yon a few times, I came to the logical conclusion that a five-and-a-half pound sweater is just too silly to be considered and forced myself to quit entertaining the idea. A reasonable person would have been able to deduce this immediately, but I still wistfully imagine how lovely my Reeds & Grasses sweater would look in the Twey Twizé. I am not a reasonable person.

I was fortunate enough to find exactly 13 skeins of Bamboo on sale in Black. I also ordered a skein of Fiery Red as the contrast color. I eagerly await the arrival of my order in a box of sweater-appropriate weight.

I’m now on the lookout for a pattern for the six pounds of Twizé, which should be enough to make two items based on a reasonable person's reconning. I though it might be nice to make matching projects for the GC and myself. Perhaps a lacy tank or shell? Hmmmm.

The needles for Sober Argyle Vest II have finally arrived. I cast on this weekend!

No comments: